Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just tell 'em large Marge sent ya!

I am going to start this off by saying, I mean no offense to larger women out there. I apologize in advance if you think that what I am saying is directed towards you in any way. Sorry. Okay, I don't understand the "larger" women who choose to wear clothing that is 4 sizes too small. Do you look in the mirror and honestly say to yourself "Damn, I look good. Think I'll go out in public."?

At a recent trip to the grocery store to pick up a prescription, I was in line behind a very large lady. She was wearing those sweatpants that are supposed to look like jeans, and a top that was probably a size medium (she wasn't anywhere close to a medium sized lady). I'm assuming she was there to pick up her meds for diabetes and high blood pressure (again, just assuming).

Her purple bra strap was hanging out under her tight shirt, I'm sure just so that it could breathe, and her rolls... Well, lets just say, if someone asked her to "pass the rolls", she'd have plenty to spare. My question is, who is telling this woman that she looks good? Where are her honest girl friends to let her know that what she's doing/wearing isn't sexy?

If she doesn't have these friends, I feel very bad for her. I think that every woman needs an honest girl friend or gay guy friend to let them know when they are having a fashion mishap! Am I wrong? Maybe that's just the thing, maybe this woman asked her friends if she is wrong for dressing this way, and then made the lame joke, "If I'm wrong, I don't wanna be right!". I don't think that people use that saying anymore, but then again, I didn't think that people who owned mirrors and were a clear size 25, wore size 4 clothing. I applaud women who embrace their "curvy" figures, or "womanly" shapes. But being disgustingly obese is another story. You are killing yourself, and that's not sexy.

I feel the same way about the women who are too thin and are killing themselves by not eating. This whole "big woman" movement is getting a bit out of hand, don't you think? I mean, do you honestly think that you are going to be the next "Precious"? Come on, that girl isn't even the next anything... She has an Oscar and will most likely be having a heart attack before the age of 35. Is this what we want as our role model? Congrats on the Academy Award, but you won't be able to enjoy it if you continue to consume your own weight in chicken wings! Alright, that was my rant for the day. Love your curves women, but everyone else doesn't need to love them too. Tuck them under a nice fitting top.

P.S. The sweats that look like jeans... Everyone knows you are wearing sweats, you aren't fooling us.

No comments:

Post a Comment